Against previously stated goals.
1) Boston Marathon – Run Boston under the injury redline where I feel as if I might do damage, whatever pace that might be.
DONE. KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK WITH A 3:02! FELT GOOD. INJURY NOT ONLY STAYED AT BAY BUT GOT BETTER.
2) Ironman Coeur d’Alene/Season Decision – Gather information from all doctors’ visits on my injury, assess where I am with the injury in relation to where I need to be in order to compete for a Kona slot in Idaho, and make a decision on go or no go.
If go, season is on… all bets are on! Coeur d’Alene is a go, and the goal is Kona!
If no go, I will more than likely take a huge step back from the intensity, maybe even a half year off from the more structured training and gear up for Worlds in October as my A-race for the year, with just a few shorter races late summer leading up to it.
Monthly workouts for April will hinge on the above. Right now it’s looking like a no go. But I’ll likely wait until after Boston to make the call.
STILL NO DECISION, BUT I AM FAR CLOSER TO A YES FOR CDA THAN EVER BEFORE. INJURY HAS HEALED SUBSTANTIALLY WHERE I’M BACK TO HITTING IT HARD IN ALL AREAS, INCLUDING THE RUN. BUT INJURY CAUSED A SERIOUS LACK OF BIKE MILES. SO THESE NEXT FEW WEEKS COMING UP WILL HOLD THE KEY. IF MY BIKE IS WHERE IT SHOULD BE, CDA IS A GO. IF I STRUGGLE ON THE BIKE ON THOSE LONGER RIDES, CDA IS OFF. I WANT TO COMPETE AT CDA. THAT IS THE GOAL. AND IF I CAN’T DO THAT I WILL SAVE THE MONEY, SAVE THE TRAINING HOURS, AND BAIL. SO ALTHOUGH I AM MUCH CLOSER TO A DECISION I AM STILL NOT THERE.