Winter Break and my hiatus from this space is officially over!
New year with new goals. I am committed and motivated.
Since my last post, an October entry last year in Training Week, I have been busy racing and running with a rambling of focus, which is how I always treat the off season.
Notable runs/races (not all races included):
- Oct. 13: BRC Ultra Border Crawl – 36 miles, 6:25:00
- Nov. 11: RI 6-Hour – 41 miles, 5:48:37, 2nd place overall, 1st place Master – USATF-NE Ultrarunning 2nd Place Champion, USATF-NE Ultrarunning 1st Place Master
- Nov. 22: North Reading Turkey Trot – 5K, 17:30, fastest 5K in years
- Jan. 1: New Year’s Boston Marathon – 26.2 miles, 4:25
- Feb. 2: Cape Cod Frozen Fat Ass 50K – 31 miles, 5:05:00, 2nd place overall, race entirely on beach (no joke!)
- Mar. 2: Black Panther 26.2 – 26.2 miles, 3:06:53, Marathon distance @ Black Cat 20
During this time I have been able to keep my marathon-a-month streak alive (as of this writing, streak at 17 months) despite a recurrence of a chronic Soleus (lower calf) injury. I am now on top of the injury, with my streak in tact, and looking ahead to 2013.
Speaking of 2013, although it’s hard to lay out a race schedule now with a newborn at home, this is what I’m thinking:
- Mar. 30: Bad Ass Fat Ass 50K
- Apr. 15: Boston Double (Boston Marathon x 2 w/5 am start downtown)
- Apr. 27: TARC Spring Classic 50K
- May: Epic Training Runs!
- June 14: TARC 100
List does not include small races, such as VERT, random 5K’s, etc.